Simple Email Safety Tips
General email safety advice from: https://www.getsafeonline.org/protecting-your-computer/spam-and-scam-email/
- Do not open emails which you suspect as being spam.
- Do not forward emails which you suspect as being spam.
- Do not open attachments from unknown sources.
- Do not readily click on links in emails from unknown sources. Instead, roll your mouse pointer over the link to reveal its true destination, displayed in the bottom left corner of your screen. Beware if this is different from what is displayed in the text of the link from the email.
- Do not respond to emails from unknown sources.
- Do not make purchases or charity donations in response to spamemail.
- Don’t click on ‘remove’ or reply to unwanted email.
- Check junk mail folders regularly in case a legitimate email gets through by mistake.