What is SharePoint?
SharePoint is a customisable document and file management system allowing you to easily save documents and share them with colleagues.
With SharePoint, companies can create custom website, so they have a secure place to store and organise documents and files. Employees can then access work easily from any device and collaborate with colleagues in real time, putting everyone quite literally on the same page at the same time.
SharePoint Support for Business
Whichever version of SharePoint you think is right for you and your business, Ashdown Solutions can offer hands-on support to make sure you get up and running quickly and stay there. We can over assistance over the phone when it’s needed, and we’re always ready to take your calls and give clear and simple instructions.
For more in depth assistance with technical matters, we also offer remote assistance. By installing a small utility on your system, we can share your screen and see exactly what’s going on and how to fix it.
Telefone and remote solution are normally sufficient to fix most computer and IT issues you may have, but in those few other cases, we also offer on-site support. One of our highly skilled engineers can attend your office quickly and deal with whatever problem you are facing.
To find out more about SharePoint and how we can support you with all your office IT needs get in touch with Ashdown Solutions or give us a call on 01342 363000.
SharePoint Overview & Features
SharePoint Online — This is a cloud-based service hosted by Microsoft, companies have access via an Office 365 subscription. Nothing needs to be installed, so it is ideal for small companies as well as larger ones. Once set up, employees can create sites and share documents and information with colleagues and external collaborators.
There are different SharePoint plans available to suit different business needs and make sure that the right people have access to the right documents when they need them.
SharePoint Online Plan 1 includes the following features:
- File storage – One TB of personal cloud storage per user
- Share internally and externally – Easily share files and give bespoke editing permissions to external collaborators and colleagues in different offices
- Team sites – So your team can organise shared files and stay on the same page
- Intranets – Share resources and processes with your organisation
- Mobile apps – Mobile apps for Android™, iOS®, and Windows mean employees can access team sites and content on the move
SharePoint Online Plan 2 for businesses that need a bit more
You get everything in Sharepoint Online Plan 1 and add these extras:
- Unlimited online storage space
- Customisable search – Search facilities can be customised to your company requirements
- In-place hold – Allows you to programmatically preserve content from deletion or edit
In-place holds is a really useful cross-company feature that allows you to share reference documents with your whole company and know that only with the correct access can they be updated. By creating templates, you can also be sure that your brand integrity is being maintained with everyone using the correct document styles when they need to communicate externally.Chat to us