VoIP, Voice over Internet Protocol, allows you to make and receive telephone calls over the internet. The most popular examples of VoIP services are Skype and Whatsapp. It is great for businesses since it costs less than regular calling.
It also includes extra intuitive features to make communicating flexible and simple, and with BT announcing it will close the traditional PSTN and ISDN network by 2025, we will all be using VoIP before long.
How does VoIP work?
With a VoIP service, your IP Phone converts voice to a data to pass over normal office IP-based networks. This may be included in the phone itself, such as in smartphones, or could function via your computer with a headset and possibly a webcam.
How is VoIP different from a regular phone service?
VoIP allows you to call landlines and mobiles with all costs included in your internet traffic. You can also make computer-to-computer calls with both parties using hands-free headset units or microphones and speakers for group communications. With integrated voice, fax, conferencing and online meeting facilities, you can streamline your business and be ready to handle the ever-changing needs of your customer.
Benefits of VoIP
- Reduce telephone costs and save time by combining phone and internet accounts
- Access your phone network from anywhere with just a broadband connection
- Increase and decrease your phone system requirements without needing to install more landlines
- Incorporated web and video conferencing allow for more efficient and integrated communications
- Simplify your communications management with just a single network for voice and data
- Easily set up three-way calls, conferencing and call forwarding facilities
Ashdown Solutions’ VoIP Support
We use and recommend 3CX. 3CX is a state-of-the-art cloud communications system, bringing together enterprise-class solutions with the flexibility of the cloud. It frees up employees to work in the most efficient way possible in the high speed world of today’s business.
With 3CX, you have one simple and flexible management system across all your locations allowing you to manage multiple offices and users with a single intuitive interface. The system also scales easily, meaning you can add users and offices as your business needs grow.
Since it is mobile and BYOD enabled, 3CX allows users to communicate with one unified business identity and access an integrated voice and fax service.