Jigsaw (South East) is a charity based in East Grinstead, West Sussex which supports bereaved children, young people, and their families, as well as those who have been affected when a family member receives a terminal diagnosis.
IT issues we needed to resolve
- The email system was POP3-based, which is outdated and totally unsuitable for their requirements. Microsoft no longer supports it through Windows 8, and email can only be accessed on one device. Emails were stored locally on a PC and not on the web server, so they needed to be archived manually.
- There was no remote access for field-based staff and like most charities, budget was a real concern.
What was needed: The charity required a new cost-effective email system that could be accessed by all relevant staff members, as well as a vastly improved security set-up.
- We installed and configured new systems and initially moved email from the old POP3 server to Microsoft Exchange via Small Business Server using a discounted licence for charities but have since updated again to move to the Microsoft Office365 cloud.
- To economise further, we re-used the existing server hardware and refurbished desktop computers.
- We also set up SharePoint and Outlook Web App (OWA) so that staff members who are off-site can access the system, and have also since moved these to Office365.
- Additionally, we added internet security with server/desktop endpoint protection and cloud-based email scanning, as well as segregating confidential data to keep it safe and secure.
- We provide on-going support services to ensure everything continues to run as intended.
- A rejuvenated system which allows Jigsaw to communicate efficiently, both from the office and when in the field, whilst using multiple devices.
- A secure system handling sensitive information.
- A cost-effective system achieved by re-using and refurbishing old hardware and making use of discounted charity licensing for software.
Nickey Price from Jigsaw (South East) said:
“Ashdown Solutions has successfully and effectively upgraded our IT systems over the past five years. The team continues to provide a prompt support service responding and understanding the developing needs of the charity.”
Contact us today for your IT solution