Based in Crawley, ROC Electrical has 35 direct staff and a large team of contract staff who provide a full range of electrical, security, fire detection, data cabling and access control solutions. The company works with high-end restaurants and members clubs, hotel and office builds, and commercial and residential conversions. Some of their projects take place at large venues, such as London’s Olympic Stadium and Gatwick Airport, and others in niche venues, such as A-list celebrity hotspots, The Ivy and Annabel’s nightclub.
- The existing servers were running unregistered software on failing hardware with no maintenance cover.
- The company was moving offices, so new IT systems for both computers and telephones would be required.
- Larger capacity was also needed to add a new business application, which would support further business growth and the latest larger contacts.
What was needed: An impending office relocation provided the ideal opportunity for a total re-think about ROC Electrical’s IT systems – computers and telephones.
- We replaced the first server to provide up-to-date and registered Microsoft Exchange email and file sharing/printing services for the business teams. The second server was dedicated to all the software vital to the running of the business – estimating, procurement, stock control, sales order management and financial accounts.
- We installed secure cloud-based file sharing to support project managers and other site-based staff working on multiple multimillion pound projects.
- We also designed and installed a new telephone system, based on Avaya IP Office on-premises PABX technology, which allows unified communication system for calls, messages and conferencing from any device and any location.
- In addition, we provided a fast leased line internet connection, on-site and cloud disaster recovery package, internet security with server/desktop end-point protection, and cloud-based email scanning, which was all backed up with ongoing support services to ensure everything continues to run as intended.
- Efficient IT and telephone systems which reflect the character of a top-performing electrical contractor that has a deserved reputation for delivering projects on time and within budget.
- It all allows ROC Electrical to concentrate on their core business rather than dealing with IT issues which can hamper its smooth operation and growth.
Declan Roche, Managing Director of ROC Electrical, said:
“Following a period of rapid growth, during which we were suffering many technology related issues, I identified a need for a new IT support provider. From our base in Crawley, we wanted a local IT business that could address our immediate needs and grow with us. Following an audit, Ashdown Solutions developed a plan to address our immediate issues and identified improvements to our systems. Due to pressures around the purchase of a new office, these plans were phased to meet our needs. For the past five years, Ashdown Solutions has provided my team with prompt, efficient support and implemented solutions to new problems to support our growing business.”
Contact us today for your IT solution