TalentHawk is an international IT and professional resourcing consultancy that specialises in providing end-to-end solutions to organisations seeking an exceptional response to their project hiring and permanent recruitment challenges. Operating from its base in the beautiful Ashdown Forest, it has a number of project managers working from remote locations.
- As the team expanded to support business growth, the company was moving from home-based to new offices.
- There was a requirement for the server to run Microsoft Exchange email, file sharing and the line of business management system.
What was needed: A completely new setup to support the current and future growth of the business.
Our original solution
- We designed, supplied and installed a HP server running Microsoft Small Business Server to support the business email, file sharing and security requirements along with a second server to run the new business management system.
- We supplied and installed workstations for the new team members along with printers and ongoing support services.
- TalentHawk benefited from a robust and powerful technology base to grow their business over many years.
Next generation issues
- After six years, with more remote team members and a growing business, the old server solution needed replacing and it made sense to look at utilising the now mainstream cloud solutions.
What was needed: A new platform to support the business as it continues to grow, provide for team members regardless of their location, and expand on demand to meet new business needs.
Our new solution
- Email migrated from the old Exchange server to Office365 50Gb mailboxes with enhanced anti-malware and anti-virus protection.
- Files migrated from the old file server to Office365 SharePoint with security control on who can access commercially sensitive data, version controls and collaborative working documents.
- Supported migration from old on-premises SQL based business management system to a new cloud solution which was integrated with Office365.
Migrated from slow ADSL connectivity through dual 4G WAN links to ultimately utilise a share of the landlords leased line circuit.
- TalentHawk now has the IT infrastructure to support the business in the always on, cloud connected world. Peaks in staffing to meet client needs can now quickly be catered for without incurring significant costs.
“Ashdown Solutions has supported our business through the early days in our first office, through an office move and through the growth in our team. For over six years, Ashdown Solutions has supported our business systems and team members, providing prompt, efficient support for all our technology needs.”
Contact us today for your IT solution